Tuesday, February 14, 2006

eMedicine - Hypnosis God for warts and cancer......Can you see the ducks?

eMedicine - Hypnosis: Applications in Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery : Article by Philip D Shenefelt, MD

How did this make it into Medline :Montgomery GH, DuHamel KN, Redd WH: A meta-analysis of hypnotically induced analgesia: how effective is hypnosis? Int J Clin Exp Hypn 2000 Apr; 48(2): 138-53[Medline].

I want to know if this is real. I don't think it is, and I read a Prevention Magazine 2006 article that stated this worked for ALL sorts of things. I call bullshit!!

The funny thing is the author of the article has a low hypnotizability score- I would love to see what she really thinks of this.

I cannot believe what the hell is going on in the name of medical research.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home